Our main focus is on the use of technology to improve Math and Spanish learning of children in rural schools. We seek to bridge the digital divide in more than 60 schools, directly benefiting more than 1,000 students each year.
The Foundation’s objective is to generate the necessary factors so that children in rural communities can finish their studies by providing them with optimal conditions.
Today the internet is a necessary tool for the education of children, youth and adults. They will be able to approach the digital world from their community.
– Use of iPads with specialized applications.
– Internet signal transmission to most schools through a combination of a wireless network controlled by the Foundation and low orbit Starlink antennas.
– Training of teachers and students in the use of this technology.
To conclude this phase of the project, we want to:
– Install iPads in 10 more schools.
– Densify several of the schools, so that instead of an iPad having to be shared among five students, it can be among three students or less.
– Install 15 more Starlink antennas.
– Continue to send our trainers to each school at least two days a month.
This is an ambitious project with the potential to transform the lives of thousands of students using innovative technological methods. Our donors will have the opportunity to participate in a cutting-edge project on a national level.
To achieve our goals, we need to constantly invest in technological equipment, internet signal and training.
100% of your contribution will go directly to cover the cost of these investments.
With the support of our donors, we have been able to install iPads in more than 50 of the 60 schools we want to support. The number of iPads varies per school, from three to five students sharing each iPad. All the applications we have installed can be used in offline mode. However, we want to connect as many schools as we can to the Internet. We have connected 25 schools so far. Finally, our team of four trainers has worked in each school for most of this school year.
This work has been recognized nationally. We have gained the support of the MCM Voz and Home Depot Foundations and are participating in several more calls for proposals.
This is the ideal time for you to join the cause and give rural children a chance. Join us and make a change!
© 2023 All Rights Reserved.